Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

t2jd1967

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
A few months ago I got my hands on a Macintosh Plus 1MB with keyboard and mouse. The unit is in working order and I have been able to make some improvements:

- Memory upgrade from 1MB to 4MB
- BlueSCSI II kit for booting off SD card
- Managed to install MacOS 7.5.5 (the Mac came with System 6.0.8)
- Finally got the BlueSCSI II Wifi network adapter to work
- Replaced the "cheese wheel" gear to get the floppy drive ejector to work again (messed it up first time around, but now it is working)
- Made the SCI adapter diode mod to self-power the BlueSCSI module (major effort for me)
- Put a 4.5 Volt battery using a nice adapter that works with 3 x 1.5 Volt LR44 batteries (see link below)

It has been hard work for someone who is not exactly gifted with tooling. Anyway, a few things are left to do that I can't get done without help.

1. The M0100 mouse is working correctly, but the cable receptacle that holds the cable at the mouse end is missing. I have looked allover to find if someone 3D prints these (like the "cheese wheel"), but it is a hard part to find. Any suggestions for a source that does not involve buying a second mouse would be appreciated.
2. The right hand top Torx screw (looking from the rear) won't fasten properly. Nothing major, but any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcome. Again, I am not very good with tooling, but if it doesn't involve machining something I am willing to give it a try.
3. I have a copy of Microsoft 5.1a US English running. The trouble is it does not come with a UK English spell checker. If anyone can help out getting a copy of the UK spelling tools (disk image), that would be wonderful. Just to be sure, I am only looking for the spelling tools disk, nothing else.

Many thanks to whomever replies.

4.5 Volt battery adapter link

Edit: grammar.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.