Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bill George

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 8, 2020
Asheville, NC
I have a 1986 Mac Plus M0001A. I was one of a few Graphic Designers to use a Mac Plus in NYC to produce my work on a Mac Pus. At the time the screen was to small to do any meaningful work (in Pagemaker), so I had a company wire it to connect to a 21" B/W monitor. I have read that the Mac Plus could not support an additional display, but that can't be right because this machine did exactly that! I no longer have the monitor, but would this cable be a hindrance if I wanted to sell it.

Attachments

• Macintosh Plus-2.jpg
    Macintosh Plus-2.jpg
    333.9 KB · Views: 954
  • Macintosh Plus-2a.jpg
    Macintosh Plus-2a.jpg
    321.6 KB · Views: 283
  • Macintosh Plus-11.jpg
    Macintosh Plus-11.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 765

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
What company/product allows connecting a 21" display? I think Radius had a product to do this but I don't know the product name. If you can get the details, then it may help the sale.

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
Maybe the product name is on the video adapter inside the Mac Plus. I think you need a long torx T15 screw driver to open the Mac Plus case.

MacTech68

macrumors 68020
Mar 16, 2008
Australia, Perth
I don't believe this would be a hindrance, but rather a bonus for a collector. As hard as it may be to find a TTL monitor to suit, it still provides the option. And a collector with the tools could also easily remove it.

Reactions: Bill George

joevt

Contributor
Jun 21, 2012
I don't believe this would be a hindrance, but rather a bonus for a collector. As hard as it may be to find a TTL monitor to suit, it still provides the option. And a collector with the tools could also easily remove it.
Was it TTL? The 21 inch monitor mentioned in the original post (probably with resolution like 1152x870) is larger than what a TTL display would be?
Even so, it shouldn't be difficult to make a VGA adapter?

Reactions: Bill George
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.