Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
I just got home from a place called Savers, it is a second hand store I go to to get Mac Parts and stuff and found a Box that said Macintosh Plus on it so I looked inside and it has the all the original disk's books and even the cassette tape Welcome To Macintosh. the only thing missing is the Stickers it even has the yellow transport floppy, its really cool I am going to order stickers to complete the pack it all looks brand new.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
No Mac Plus just the small box with the books and disk's I think I am going to put the Tape on a CD and give the CD away.

winwintoo

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2003
I've been told there's a market for old Mac stuff, but I'm kind of out of the way so can't tap into it.

I have a strawberry puck mouse, an old adb mouse, an external mac 2x cd drive, some cables, an LCII (monitor and cpu - don't know about mouse and keyboard)

Is there a market for this stuff.

I also have a multi-color Apple lapel pin, but you'll pry that from my cold dead hands.............

M

gnomemaster

macrumors newbie
Dec 16, 2005
I found a macintosh plus at value village for $10 but it had no programs or hardware like a mouse and keyboard. I was wondering were i would be able to find a mouse and keyboard.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
gnomemaster said:
I found a macintosh plus at value village for $10 but it had no programs or hardware like a mouse and keyboard. I was wondering were i would be able to find a mouse and keyboard.

I would say The Salvation Army or eBay would be Your best bet.

blakespot

Administrator
Jun 4, 2000
Alexandria, VA
I grabbed a Mac Plus some years ago and upgraded it to 4MB of RAM. I grabbed the Rodime external SCSI HD which was a 30MB unit and gutted it, replacing it with a 512MB Fujitsu. I went through 5 drives before I found one (the Fujitsu) that worked with the Mac Plus, because the Mac Plus's "SCSI" port was finalized and in production before SCSI was actually nailed down as a spec. So it's not quite 100% SCSI.

Pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blakespot/2378676830/

About my orig. Mac 128: http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000013.php

blakespot

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.