Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alebar14

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Auckland CBD, New Zealand
Hi there,

If you know MAME games then you know MacMAME application. I downloaded the application macMAME 0.103u2 and would like to play certain games such as The Last Bronx, Mortal Kombat I , Outrunner ,but MacMAME told me that there are some missing files that couldn't work properly. Why is this happen? Is there other alternatives to download its ROMs ?

1ncr3du10u5

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Hi there,

If you know MAME games then you know MacMAME application. I downloaded the application macMAME 0.103u2 and would like to play certain games such as The Last Bronx, Mortal Kombat I , Outrunner ,but MacMAME told me that there are some missing files that couldn't work properly. Why is this happen? Is there other alternatives to download its ROMs ?

Some ROMs just don't work with some emulators I've found. Try a different ROM version of the same game. Also have you tried MAME OS X? Give that a go... :)

Carrot007

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2006
Yorkshire
MacMAME has not been updated for a long time and rom requrements can change.

As such MacMAME probably requires an older (and incomplete or corrupt) rom set.

As above try MAME OS X or SDL MAME (SDL MAME tend to be even more up to date than MAME OS X but lacks a GUI as far as I recall).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.