Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iosmike

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2016
Toronto, Canada
Every time I erased my macmini, reinstalled and after restoring from my time capsule, the macmini will backup the total 360G again on time capsule. So now the macmini backup on time capsule already more than 700G and this time it is starting over backing up 360G. How to solve this? Thanks!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
My guess is the TC is seeing it as a new device each time you do this, so doing a complete backup each time. Once you get it setup how you like, how about erase the TC disk using Airport Utility then do a complete new backup. Then you have only he data you need and not the duplicate.

Reactions: iosmike

iosmike

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2016
Toronto, Canada
My guess is the TC is seeing it as a new device each time you do this, so doing a complete backup each time. Once you get it setup how you like, how about erase the TC disk using Airport Utility then do a complete new backup. Then you have only he data you need and not the duplicate.
[doublepost=1516991537][/doublepost]Thanks man, let me try and let you know. :)

Reactions: Weaselboy

iosmike

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 28, 2016
Toronto, Canada

Hi man, done. Thanks again! :):):)

Reactions: Weaselboy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.