Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jnaeve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
McKinney, TX
Any idea why Calendar would stop talking with MS Exchange? I can create an event in Outlook 2016 for Mac and the event immediately shows up in Calendar but I can't create an event in Calendar and it show up in Exchange so it appears that Calendar and Exchange are talking, just that it appears to be a one-way conversation Exchange => Calendar.

Any ideas?
Thanks!

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
Just to be clear...you're using both Outlook 2016 and the Mac's Calendar app?

Have you tried deleting the Exchange account in System Preferences>Internet Accounts and then re-adding it?

jnaeve

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
McKinney, TX
Correct, I have Outlook 2016 but I prefer to use macOS Calendar for every day use (much cleaner imho). Outlook 2016 only gets used to generate events with a significant number of attendees and WebEx due to automation with WebEx only working with Outlook (unfortunately).

I actually had to completely eliminate the Exchange account from System Preferences to restore connectivity to Exchange and I just didn't get the chance to update the thread yet. I tried several other approaches that didn't solve the problem so that was my last resort which, did work.

You'd think that the Hatfield's and McCoy's would have settled their dispute long ago (Microsoft and Apple) but I guess the Office/Enterprise battle wages on.

Thanks for responding!

Sabah

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2014
I solved it by restarting the Calendar Agent.

Open the Activity Monitor, search for “CalendarAgent”, end the process. It will instantly and automatically restart.

Innocent Mac

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2020
I solved it by restarting the Calendar Agent.

Open the Activity Monitor, search for “CalendarAgent”, end the process. It will instantly and automatically restart.
Oh, that cleared off all my calendar entries. How to retrieve them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.