Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thimplicity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
I have to say I really got used to MacOS again after some weeks of using it, but I still have the feeling that even Catalina looks very dated and is in urgent need of a visual (and functional) overhaul. This is especially true for the Finder (no cut and paste in 2019, come on).

The following concept does a really nice job of bringing it to a modern design and also making the experience more consistent. I really hope Apple is working on something like that, because Windows is really ahead at the moment:

https://betanews.com/2019/11/11/apple-macos-11-ventura/

I also hope that Apple is going towards a more iterative and agile release schedule and releases features When they are ready in small chunks instead of waiting for a Big Bang release once a year.

Last edited:

Ritsuka

Cancelled
Sep 3, 2006
Oh please no.

(and Finder has got copy and move that works the same as cut and paste since 2005).

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
I'm ok with different form factors have different aspects to their UI that work best on that form. No reason to try to constrain all devices, regardless of size or capability, to have the same features in their UI.

And, yeah, that Finder cut-n-paste comment was weird. ;)

thimplicity

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
And, yeah, that Finder cut-n-paste comment was weird. ;)

I know, I know. I thought about removing it, but that would have made the following comments weird, so trying to own my mistake here.:)

Any ideas or wishes what Apple should focus on for the next MacOS version?

Reactions: eoblaed
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.