Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
Ventura 13.3 Beta 1.jpeg

Release Date ― February 16, 2023
Build Number ― 22E5219e
Delta Update Size ― 3.34 GB (From 13.2.1)
macOS Storage Size after updating: 13.33 GB
Apple Silicon System Firmware Version ― 8422.100.610.0.1
T2 BridgeOS System Firmware Version ― Pending
Public Beta Released ― Yes

New Features & Changes
  • New emojis
    1676581817624.jpeg
  • You can now toggle your MacBook display's resolution after turning on Settings > Displays > Advanced > Show resolutions as list
Resolved Issues
  • "Open at login" can be spammed despite the user disabling it from opening (Source: MacRumors)
New Issues
  • If you have Advanced Data protection enabled, iWork suite app's collaborative documents may require you to close out of the software
  • (⚠️MAJOR ISSUE⚠️) - Apps that you downloaded on another iPhone or iPad that are supported on macOS will download themselves
    • App Store > Settings > Automatically download apps purchased on other devices will toggle itself on
Remaining Issues
  • QuickTime Player does not record the first couple of seconds when you use a Microphone (FB10086556)
    • Workaround: Wait around 5 seconds after seeing the yellow indicator in the Menu Bar, or use a different app for your recording needs
  • Alarms may not play when your display is asleep for a long period of time (FB10086690)
    • Workaround: Make your display not fall asleep in Settings > Lock Screen > Turn display off on ____ when inactive. You can turn your brightness off.
Untested Issues

Additional Links
If you made a video about macOS 13.3, feel free to post it here.

WilliApple:

Feel free to edit anything and reply with your experience, as well as the device you are using!

Last edited:

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^Works on my Mac Pro with an external LG monitor👍🏼 Thanks for finding this😇

Lou

madanvivek

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2014
Hi, I am unable to install macOS dev beta profile. anybody else facing game issue?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 1.03.22 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 1.03.22 PM.png
    438.9 KB · Views: 71
  • Wow
Reactions: sorgo †

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
Safari 16.4 changes are interesting

Media​

New Features​

• Added improvements to audio quality for web video conferencing.
  • Added support for a subset of the AudioSession Web API.
  • Added support for AVCapture virtual cameras.
  • Added support for inbound rtp trackIdentifier stat field.
  • Added support for the AV1 codec in the MediaCapabilities API.
  • Added support for video stats overlay with developer tools enabled.
  • Added support for VTT-based extended audio descriptions.
  • Added support to allow a site to provide an “alternate” URL to be used during AirPlay.
  • Added video-only support for Web Codecs.
  • Added WebRTC support for hardware AV1 decoding on supported device configurations.
If you look at Develop menu I see these unchecked
WebCodecs AV1 codec
WebRTC AV1 codec
WebRTC H256 codec
WebRTC VP9 profile 2 codec

Of course don't expect to get AV1 working instead of VP9 in Youtube yet.

Last edited:

robd003

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
Has this update finally resolved the issue with WindowServer memory leaks? I use an external monitor and within an 8 hour period WindowServer would be using something ridiculous like 33gb of ram.

I'm really tired of upgrading to Ventura only to have to downgrade back to Monterey.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
Has this update finally resolved the issue with WindowServer memory leaks? I use an external monitor and within an 8 hour period WindowServer would be using something ridiculous like 33gb of ram.

I'm really tired of upgrading to Ventura only to have to downgrade back to Monterey.
This issue is also in Monterey…

It’s kinda the new norm at this point.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
I just hope mail is a lot more reliable in 13.3, have been having multiple issues with it in past versions.
How are you defining that? Mail quitting unexpectedly? Problem with some mail servers for authentication or sync? It's been awhile since I seen issue with Mail using AS Macs. I use both IMAP and POP on separate AS Macs. I don't use mail setup with multiple mail providers.

iancottam

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2022
Anyone seeing the SOCD watchdog timer reboots problem still with the beta (or has it been fixed)?

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
How are you defining that? Mail quitting unexpectedly? Problem with some mail servers for authentication or sync? It's been awhile since I seen issue with Mail using AS Macs. I use both IMAP and POP on separate AS Macs. I don't use mail setup with multiple mail providers.
Mail takes a while at least for me to open, and I often get the Beachball when opening it.

robd003

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2007
This issue is also in Monterey…

It’s kinda the new norm at this point.
Strange, I don't have that issue on Monterey. I can connect a 2nd monitor and I'll still only get RAM usage of like 1.3GB after several days of usage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.