Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
macOS 13.3 Beta 2 Icon.png

Release Date ― February 28, 2023
Build Number ― (22E5230e)
Delta Update Size ― 1.59 GB (From 13.3 Beta 1)
macOS Storage Size after updating: Pending
Apple Silicon System Firmware Version ― 8422.100.640.505.1
T2 BridgeOS System Firmware Version ― Pending (System Information > System Firmware Version)
Public Beta Released ― Yes

New Features & Changes
Resolved Issues

• (⚠️MAJOR ISSUE⚠️) - Apps that you downloaded on another iPhone or iPad that are supported on macOS will download themselves
    • App Store > Settings > Automatically download apps purchased on other devices will toggle itself on
New Issues
  • Unlock with Apple Watch doesn't work at all
Remaining Issues
  • If you have Advanced Data protection enabled, iWork suite app's collaborative documents may require you to close out of the software
  • QuickTime Player does not record the first couple of seconds when you use a Microphone (FB10086556)
    • Workaround: Wait around 5 seconds after seeing the yellow indicator in the Menu Bar, or use a different app for your recording needs
  • Alarms may not play when your display is asleep for a long period of time (FB10086690)
    • Workaround: Make your display not fall asleep in Settings > Lock Screen > Turn display off on ____ when inactive. You can turn your brightness off.
Untested Issues

Additional Links
If you made a video about macOS 13.3, feel free to post it here.

Feel free to edit anything and reply with your experience, as well as the device you are using!

Last edited:

iAppleOrchard

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 19, 2022
Colorado
EDIT: the issue is still present, but I have a console file that ran with the issue happening.

By the way, it seems like Apple has made changes to fix this issue:
  • Alarms may not play when your display is asleep for a long period of time (FB10086690)
    • Workaround: Make your display not fall asleep in Settings > Lock Screen > Turn display off on ____ when inactive. You can turn your brightness off.

Can everyone set an alarm for when they wake up (And on the iPhone ofc just in case), and see if this was fixed? Report back if it hasn't been fixed.

Last edited:

john991

macrumors 68040
Sep 30, 2014
Great White North - aka Canada
I recently installed beta 2 and now I randomly see wifi networks but can’t connect to them.

If I plug in an Ethernet cable I get internet access. I’m not sure if it’s my Mack book or the beta software.

I deleted the appropriate files in the library, rebooted and same issue.

Any ideas where to look now?

Thanks

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
Ventura latest beta and security update (macOS 13.3 B2). Books is playing up. First all iOS devices showed around 3.5K books gone and a random selection of 69 books remaining. I went to my iMac (M1) and all books were there. Then suddenly all the books appeared on the iOS devices but then disappeared on my iMac! I've tried the usual switch off syncing and restarting to no avail. This is a strange issue. Ahh, as I'm typing all iOS books (except the 69) have disappeared again. The 69 are greyed out but then return gradually. Ahh, the iOS books have retuned but slightly different order. This is mad! Any ideas?

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Unlock with Apple Watch seems to not be functioning at all for me. Anyone else?

gwang73

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2009
California
Yeah, same. I thought it was just me. I will report the issue if it isn't fixed with Beta 3.
I've experienced this with the beta. To fix it, I disabled unlock with Apple Watch in Settings and then shut down. Wait 30-ish seconds and power back on and then turning the option back on. I've been finding that restarting is doing some wonky things on reboot vs. shutting down and powering back on.

hsotnicam8002

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2008
United Kingdom
Ventura latest beta and security update (macOS 13.3 B2). Books is playing up. First all iOS devices showed around 3.5K books gone and a random selection of 69 books remaining. I went to my iMac (M1) and all books were there. Then suddenly all the books appeared on the iOS devices but then disappeared on my iMac! I've tried the usual switch off syncing and restarting to no avail. This is a strange issue. Ahh, as I'm typing all iOS books (except the 69) have disappeared again. The 69 are greyed out but then return gradually. Ahh, the iOS books have retuned but slightly different order. This is mad! Any ideas?
At last I have this solved. There was a second Books app in iCloud Account Storage. I don't know how that appeared when I updated to MacOS 13.3 B2. Anyway, one was very large (my expected size) and one with a very small size. I couldn't delete the one on my Mac so I went into the same account on an iOS device and deleted it. It did say that all iCloud data for this app would be deleted from iCloud but I just had to risk it and bite the bullet. Anyway the app was deleted and the other books app remained. When I reopened Book on my iMac it immediately flowed with all of my book and pdfs! Solved!

Reactions: roncron
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.