Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

DoctorFedora

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
The Safari extension AdGuard seems to not be working in the first beta of Sonoma. I'm exposed to the non-adblocked web and it feels like I need to browse with rubber gloves on.

Reactions: BaggieBoy

hypnero

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2023
Australia
After very solid experience with the iOS, iPadOS and watchOS 17 betas so far, I am very tempted to install Sonoma on my daily driver MacBook Pro 15" 2018 Intel I9.

However I have found that the Turbo Boost Switcher app is critical for me to be able to use an external monitor on video calls especially MS Teams. (http://tbswitcher.rugarciap.com/)

Has anyone tested the Turbo Boost Switcher on Sonoma?

Also hoping that the PaloAlto GlobalProtect VPN app is all good if anyone happens to have tried that?

*Update* installed Sonoma and Turbo Boost Switcher is working. PaloAlto GlobalProtect also works after refreshing the connection through settings.

However, Chrome Canary is crashing on launch - reported to Apple.

Last edited:

14dcutaneo

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2017
USA
This is a long shot, but can somebody test Adobe Muse? Installing it won't work without already-known workarounds, but will it still launch?

dialekt

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2014
Qfinder crashing. Can't reinstall nor open the app. This is big for those that connect via SMB to their QNAP. Anyone having any luck?

bwcw

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2014
If you have Little Snitch installed, it is best to uninstall it until a more compatible version comes out for that app. It has caused me to loose the internet.

Reactions: siddhartha

lvleleven

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2022
No Mans Sky Mac - Crashes with Metal FX Temporal when entering game. Easy fix, switch to a different option in menu before starting your game.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
If you have Little Snitch installed, it is best to uninstall it until a more compatible version comes out for that app. It has caused me to loose the internet.
There's also been some speculation that this version of macOS 14 was built around the same time as a recent Ventura 13.5 beta that had these same issues. It's possible macOS 14 b2 "fixes" any issues with Little Snitch (and Little Snitch Micro).

Reactions: bwcw

Richard Tillard

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2021
Logic Pro works great, but there's still one bug when you open the plugin, you can't run a playback through the space bar. And at some points when you open the plugin menu, the positions don't click.

Reactions: fisherking

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Moved Affinity Publisher 2 from not working to working. Not sure what changed, but the crashing issues I had earlier this week are completely gone, and the app functions as expected now.

Reactions: cflem and jbwelsch

cnossa

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2018
In Eclipse IDE (2023-03) the Search (^H) doesn't work properly, the text entered in the several input fields ("Containing text", "File name pattens", "Search string", ...) isn't accepted or considered, which makes Eclipse usage a bit complicated.

ssn637

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2009
Switzerland
A workaround for CrossOver 22.1.1 has been found at Reddit

Updating CrossOver with the latest Wine (Whisky) libraries

Whisky provides a clean and easy to use graphical wrapper for Wine built in native SwiftUI. You can make and manage bottles, install and run Windows apps and games, and unlock the full potential of your Mac with no technical knowledge required. Whisky is built on top of CrossOver 22.1.1, and Apple's own Game Porting Toolkit.
Replacing the CrossOver wine executables in the bin folder with those found in Whisky allows CrossOver to run in macOS 14 Sonoma Beta.

Crossover bin is "/Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/CrossOver-Hosted Application"
Whisky bin is "/Applications/Whisky.app/Contents/Resources/Libraries/Wine/bin"

Whisky: https://github.com/IsaacMarovitz/Whisky/releases

CxPatcher https://github.com/italomandara/CXPatcher can also be used to fix any issues. Make sure to install a clean version of Crossover before you use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: rbgaynor
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.