Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

VTGuy79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
I have some shortcuts on my phone that are not on Mac, and some on Mac that are not on my phone.

I have reset the app on MacOS, unchecked sync with icloud and rechecked and the same on phone.

Is this normal behavior?

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
Not normal.

But have seen sync hiccups from time to time.

What you might try is go into the "unsynced" Shortcuts and add a line of code, a comment is probably best, to try to trigger a sync. Can then remove that comment from other device once synced.

VTGuy79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
I just tried that, nothing shows up at all in Shortcuts. I even use AppCleaner to remove (reset) Shortcuts on MacOS, several reboots, etc. Reminders and notes are syncing just fine.

NoBoMac

Staff member
Jul 1, 2014
A nuclear option…

Can export all your Shortcuts to zip files, one from Mac, other from phone. Extract the zips on Mac and then merge the contents of the folders to get one “good” copy. In Shortcuts on both devices, select all and delete the Shortcuts from the devices. Then can import “good” copy into Shortcuts on Mac (drag drop files to Shortcut window).

Yes, a pain and will be a pain to accept/reset the multitude of “Allow Shortcuts to…” messages, but a last resort option.

Otherwise, stumped why this is happening, as looks like you’re signed into same AppleID on both, other cloud things are syncing.

Attachments

• IMG_0060.jpeg
    IMG_0060.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: VTGuy79

VTGuy79

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2023
I just signed out of iCloud from Mac > Settings (I just did within the apps prior) and signed back in, this seemed to have worked.

I'm going to keep your last suggestion in mind as an option, thank you.

Reactions: NoBoMac
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.