Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trevor Craig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
North Carolina
The MacOs Catalina iTunes synch with my iPhone does not show the iPhone's Playlists in iTunes. It shows the entire list of the songs I have on the iPhone (alphabetically), but not my Playlists.

The Playlists are indeed in the iPhone, and if I drag a new Playlist from the MacBook to the iPhone, it appears in the iPhone. But I no longer can see the iPhone's Playlist on the MacBook.

I have an iPhone 7! (This may be the problem).

Not a huge issue. But, like usual, the features I like and use on older versions on MacOS are often removed or sabotaged by the newer versions.

Trevor

sprague.rod

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2017
Yep, I can confirm that on my MBP running Catalina only the “default” play lists appear in Music with my iPhone connected. Like, Recently Played, Recently Added etc. I created a new playlist on my iPhone, tried again but it does not appear in the Finder Window.

Trevor Craig

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2020
North Carolina
Thanks for responding.

Do you or anyone know if there is a fix for this, or will we just have to live with it?

Does the problem just occur on the older iPhone versions, or even on iPhone 10-11?

sprague.rod

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2017
I think this is more related to the macOS rather than the iOS or iPhone version.
It seems to me that the direction Apple is taking makes iPhones and iPads more and more independent stand alone devices with less functionality provided by the Music app. We don’t even sync via Music any more.

Reactions: jpadhiyar

jpadhiyar

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2012
Ahmedabad, India
Yep, I can confirm that on my MBP running Catalina only the “default” play lists appear in Music with my iPhone connected. Like, Recently Played, Recently Added etc. I created a new playlist on my iPhone, tried again but it does not appear in the Finder Window.
Does this happen every time you connect your iPhone to your MacBook Pro?
[automerge]1579695665[/automerge]
You cannot see your playlist in the Finder; however, you can see it inside Music app on your Mac running Catalina.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.