Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

unbrokendub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2023
Hello everyone.

I frequently use RDP connections for work, and if Safari is opened i always get 0x407 error - that means that internet connection was dropped.

Tested with another browsers, like Chrome or Edge - and never get a single error.

Maybe somebody know how to resolve the problem and where to dig for the problem?

Also i checked the logs via Console and found that when Safari is opened - macos doing something with wifi(even if its disabled) and reconnects internet.

macOS Sonoma 14.3.1 (23D60)

RDP client - Microsoft Remote Desktop Version 10.9.5 (2179)

profdraper

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2017
Brisbane, Australia

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Just to give another data point, I've been RDPing into work for ~4 years, I frequently use Safari, and I don't recall ever seeing this issue. I'd likely have been using OS 10.13 through 14 along with the associated latest Safari versions.

No VPN involved in my case, as work uses RD Gateway instead.

unbrokendub

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 27, 2023
Just to give another data point, I've been RDPing into work for ~4 years, I frequently use Safari, and I don't recall ever seeing this issue. I'd likely have been using OS 10.13 through 14 along with the associated latest Safari versions.

No VPN involved in my case, as work uses RD Gateway instead.
how you connected to internet? wifi or ethernet?

I found in console logs, that after safari doing something, macos reconnect my ehternet connection via usbmuxd service( ethernet connected via usb-c hub). I tested with different hubs, but always the same story.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.