Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oyeskumo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2022
hi all, unsupported macbook 5.1 (2008 later) I installed macOS mjave and now google chrome is not working how can i fix this problem

Attachments

• Ekran Resmi 2022-01-26 13.08.31.png
    Ekran Resmi 2022-01-26 13.08.31.png
    178 KB · Views: 339

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have the same MB and I definitely had that issue once…but I don't remember the solution or if I ever got it solved…because I've subsequently installed dosdude1's unsupported Catalina.

The unsupported Mojave thread here has some comments about that issue in it.

Chrome always made my 2008 MB heat up anyway (loud fans) so I don't use it at all.

Reactions: K two

nospamboz

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2006
Any software based on Chromium, including Brave, Vivaldi, and (strangely) Skype, exhibits this behavior. The fix I use is to add "--disable-gpu-sandbox" to the executable command line (Chromium.app/Contents/MacOS/Chromium --disable-gpu-sandbox).

(The cause is probably due to using a non-standard GPU in Mojave.)

On my system I made an app wrapper that does this. I've attached the one I use for Brave, and you just have to rename things and point the shell script in Contents/MacOS to the right executable. You can change the "app" icon by copying and pasting between two Finder Get Info panes.

HTH

Attachments

• BraveSafe.app.zip
    409 KB · Views: 262
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.