Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheLarkShark

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 30, 2015
After logging into my Mac, give about 30 seconds and I am sent back to the lock screen. This happens repeatedly. I’ve tried starting up in Safe Mode, resetting PRAM, and reinstalled the whole thing.

TokMok3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2015
After logging into my Mac, give about 30 seconds and I am sent back to the lock screen. This happens repeatedly. I’ve tried starting up in Safe Mode, resetting PRAM, and reinstalled the whole thing.

Just installed Mojave on a MacBook Air 11 2013 8GB and I was sent back to the lock screen 3 times, I did a clean install with [option - command - R] internet install. I'm going to continue installing the apps that I use more often and wait a couple of days to see if this occurs again, at least I'm not the only one having this problem.

I installed Mojave on a MacBook Pro 15 2015 16GB without any problem. Just the fonts look kind of blurry on the external display, specially with the News app...

Last edited:

bookemdano

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2011

Would be helpful to know the specs of your Mac.

fixius

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2016
My Mac is having the same issue and I literally can’t even get it to boot in safe or recovery mode. How is this happening despite months of a beta?

Betus

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
Cmd + R ->Delete any Razer plugin from
/Volumes/Macintosh HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/ and you’re good to go.

Reactions: KaeptnTousu

Cbrfr0g

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
I also have razer headphones, and trying to go to the directory but I'm a total terminal newbie.

This is my terminal screen after trying to access the directory on the first line. Can't seem to use the right commands.

Would appreciate any help, been scratching my head tirelessly for many hours straight.

Thanks in advance.
[doublepost=1537873077][/doublepost]It's this file I guess that needs to be deleting. How do I write in terminal to delete it?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    886.1 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_3846.JPG
    IMG_3846.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 472

Jennglans

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2018
I also have razer headphones, and trying to go to the directory but I'm a total terminal newbie.

This is my terminal screen after trying to access the directory on the first line. Can't seem to use the right commands.

Would appreciate any help, been scratching my head tirelessly for many hours straight.

Thanks in advance.
[doublepost=1537873077][/doublepost]It's this file I guess that needs to be deleting. How do I write in terminal to delete it?

Same problem here and also got Razer Synapse installed. Curious if we can solve it trough the terminal!

Cbrfr0g

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
This last line worked and problem solved!!
[doublepost=1537874948][/doublepost]
Same problem here and also got Razer Synapse installed. Curious if we can solve it trough the terminal!

check my last post, change the /rmbp/ to whatever the name is on your HD, you can find it by opening the disc utility, if you want the exact line for your razer files in the folder, also use discutility, and by using one of the functions there, i dont remember which, probably restore from file, i was able to navigate through and find the contents of the HAL folder and locate the name of the razer files.

Attachments

• IMG_3848.JPG
    IMG_3848.JPG
    587.2 KB · Views: 434

Artakamoose

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2016
Bay Area
This community is amazing. I was having the same problem and this fixed it, with one difference. I didn't have any Razer plug-ins but I did have the "Hear.plugin", and when I deleted that the problem went away.

woshihuxingtan

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2018
This community is amazing. I was having the same problem and this fixed it, with one difference. I didn't have any Razer plug-ins but I did have the "Hear.plugin", and when I deleted that the problem went away.

Hey Artakamoose, you save my day!! I need to register this account to thank you. I should find this community sooner! Thanks for sharing this. This works perfect !!

Reactions: TokMok3

KaeptnTousu

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2018
Hello all, thx for all your helps and postings here.
I have the same problem, but can‘t get it fixed. I think i‘m totaly noob but i dont know how to use the terminal...
My Razer Audio Plugin has the name „RazerKraken7.1Audio.plugin“ which i found out using the disk utility manager. But i cant see the full path of that file there so what should i write in terminal? I have only one HD...
terminal says always: No such file or directory

I think its totaly simple but i am biggest noob ever :-(

MandiMac

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2012
How I solved this:
Restore old system in High Sierra.
Delete all Razer stuff (Synapse, driver).
Backup via Time Machine.
Upgrade to Mojave.
Now it works :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.