Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ensee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
I'm running Mojave on a 2018 13" MacBook Pro (2.3GHz i5/16GB) and there's a frequent graphics issue where the whole system stalls every few seconds. Even under low/no load, if I move the cursor around it'll freeze and then jump to another spot ever two or three seconds. If a video's playing, that'll stutter and jump too.

I've been on the phone with AppleCare and they suggested removing login items or that it might be cause by settings in my user account. I created another admin user and I'm having the same issue there.

Restarting the system solves things for a short time, as does resetting the NVRAM, but it's a recurrent problem. What's worse, is that it's non-reproducible – I can't think of an action that triggers it so I'm hesitant to take it to an Apple Store. My guess is that its somehow liked to Safari, but I can't see what particular actions are the cause.

My hope would be that 10.14.1 will fix it, but has anyone else had this issue and had any success in fixing it?

And apologies if there's already a thread on this.

Boomer5100

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2016
I'm running Mojave on a 2018 13" MacBook Pro (2.3GHz i5/16GB) and there's a frequent graphics issue where the whole system stalls every few seconds. Even under low/no load, if I move the cursor around it'll freeze and then jump to another spot ever two or three seconds. If a video's playing, that'll stutter and jump too.

I've been on the phone with AppleCare and they suggested removing login items or that it might be cause by settings in my user account. I created another admin user and I'm having the same issue there.

Restarting the system solves things for a short time, as does resetting the NVRAM, but it's a recurrent problem. What's worse, is that it's non-reproducible – I can't think of an action that triggers it so I'm hesitant to take it to an Apple Store. My guess is that its somehow liked to Safari, but I can't see what particular actions are the cause.

My hope would be that 10.14.1 will fix it, but has anyone else had this issue and had any success in fixing it?

Read through this thread.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427286?answerId=33791001022#33791001022
[doublepost=1539019306][/doublepost]

Read through this thread.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8427286?answerId=33791001022#33791001022

ensee

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Thanks for pointing me towards that. I'd just noticed another thread on the MacBook Pro sub-forum that shows a lot of users having the same issue. Might be better to lock this and continue there instead

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.