Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jent

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
I'm on macOS Monterrey 12.6.8. Every now and then for a second or two I see a Finder window pop up, I think related to the security settings, mentioning that it is checking OneDrive.app. I have Microsoft Office 365 installed but I don't personally use the OneDrive app (I very occasionally use the web browser version).

In the System Preferences application --> Users & Groups --> Login Items there is nothing. There is no "OneDrive" in Activity Monitor either. And the quick Finder window pops up randomly and not based on any consistent action on my part. Searching on Google just gives me questions and info on OneDrive itself and not this particular situation. Thanks for any feedback!

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
I've got Microsoft Office (Version 16.76) installed and going off of memory I simply hunted down and deleted Microsoft OneDrive in the Applications directory and sent it to the waste bucket. I may have also found OneDrive items in the *.plist directory . . . . it's been a while and I've slept since I did this.
I had NEVER employed OneDrive or even opened it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.