Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
macOS Sierra Theme for OS X Tiger
Back in October, @swamprock was making a Sierra Theme for Tiger. Sadly, he has left the forum now, so I'll be continuing his work and creating a full macOS Sierra Theme for OS X Tiger!
Picture 1.png
@swamprock's work, which I will be building on.

The Theme Will Include...
- Icons
-Full UI (Traffic Lights, Buttons, etc.)
-About This Mac
-PPCAppStore
-And More!

Release is scheduled for mid-Summer!
Will require a G3, G4, or G5 Mac running OS X 10.4.11 Tiger. TenFourFox 45.4 or higher must be installed into /Applications and cannot be renamed.
Picture 1.png

Last edited:

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
So I've got a little update.

I had a great theme going on my iMac G4. Perfect traffic lights, checkboxes, and radio buttons, plus some unperfect versions of many other things. Well, that machine actually had a Leopard beta on it, not Tiger. :p I tried my Extras.rsrc on another Tiger Mac and the traffic lights were uneffected. A lot of the other things worked though. So I really have no idea what's going on (care to return for one more post, @swamprock? ;)). I'll do a clean install of Tiger and try again. But this will push the release back.

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Congrats! I have the Sierra theme on my PB. It's a tad.. modded tho. Old icons (except finder and system prefs) and the 3D dock heh. Keep up the good work as always ;p
Yeah, that modded feel is the main reason I wanted to make it from scratch. But I just don't have time for that with my other projects, so I'll be improving this.

One more thing I should also mention. In my list of PPC projects, this didn't get extremely high priority as I've had more interest in some other things. However I'm giving this more priority now as Tiger is my main OS and I want to use it myself. ;) Expect more updates! :)

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
@swamprock sent me some resources that he never released publicly. That included an iTunes theme. The theme only supports iTunes 4 and looks very Good Gray-based, so I'll be making an iTunes 9 theme from scratch.

Since I have no use for the iTunes theme, I'll release it here. ONLY SUPPORTS iTUNES 4, and not all versions of it even. I tried it with 4.0 and it didn't work. I skipped right to 4.6 and that worked. I haven't tried other versions.

Picture 1.png

Attached is a folder with 2 files. iTunes.rsrc goes in the iTunes Resources folder, and Localized.rsrc goes in YOUR_LANGUAGE.lproj.
[doublepost=1492896761][/doublepost]Installed the latest beta of the theme on my G5, will add screenshots to post #1. :)

Attachments

• itunes 4.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 549

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Congrats! I have the Sierra theme on my PB. It's a tad.. modded tho. Old icons (except finder and system prefs) and the 3D dock heh. Keep up the good work as always ;p
Also, I'd like to point out that I'm using a newer version of the Extras.rsrc that @swamprock sent me recently. It's really good and much less "modded". :) Don't judge this theme from his old version of the file. ;) :D

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
Was trying to modify @swamprock's file, but with no success... my changes simply don't show up. The Good Gray resources don't help either. They make it pretty confusing as they look the same whether the window is in the front or not!

My plan is to go back to theming it myself. More delays. This project means a lot to me, though, so I'll try my hardest to get it out within the next 2 or 3 months!

Reactions: Nice

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
More problems... I can't seem to change Extras.rsrc at all, I can't mod the original, and I can't mod @swamprock's file. My changes don't apply! I have correctly saved the file, tried restarting the testing Macs, all of that... but I'm missing some step.

If I can't theme it myself, I'll have to go with what @swamprock has done. It's pretty decent! It's a newer version than test 5 (the latest publicly released file by him). So I just need to make icons easier (as of now I'm replacing them manually with CandyBar) and make an easy installer. Then it'll be done!

AmazingHenry

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 6, 2015
Central Michigan
What could i do to help its development?
Release is going to be on May 15, so there's not much to do at this point.

If you REALLY want to help out, there is something you could do... however you'd need experience with some certain tools... PM me if you want more info ;).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.