Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphaer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2021
Hello!
when trying port install gcc7
cctools-949.0.1/misc
./PruneTrie.o ./PruneTrie.cpp
In file included from ./PruneTrie.cpp:26:
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_cctools/cctools/work/cctools-949.0.1/../ld64-530/src/abstraction/MachOFileAbstraction.hpp:1660: error: ‘build_version_command’ does not name a type

Is any idea how to fix it?

In trying to resolve the problem, I find only strip cant be compiled.
I make stub "strip" from empty code and port still installed.
But I need strip even, xcode strip from /usr/bin/strip cant work properly when compiling gcc
can anybody looks please, what cctools version is installed on you ppc and can you send me your /opt/local/bin/strip please ?

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
Hello!
cctools-949.0.1/misc
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_cctools/cctools/work/cctools-949.0.1/../ld64-530/src/abstraction/MachOFileAbstraction.hpp:1660: error: ‘build_version_command’ does not name a type

But I need strip even, xcode strip from /usr/bin/strip cant work properly when compiling gcc
can anybody looks please, what cctools version is installed on you ppc and can you send me your /opt/local/bin/strip please ?

Could you share a log?

You may also open a ticket here: https://trac.macports.org

barracuda156

macrumors 68000
Sep 3, 2021
Hello!
cctools-949.0.1/misc

Have you resolved the issue on your own?

I believe, cctools should build on 10.4 and 10.5 normally. But log will be helpful.

There is also strip7 port (added for the sake of TenFourFox, but it still can be used elsewhere if desired).

alphaer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2021
Have you resolved the issue on your own?

I believe, cctools should build on 10.4 and 10.5 normally. But log will be helpful.

There is also strip7 port (added for the sake of TenFourFox, but it still can be used elsewhere if desired).
Hi, thank you !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.