Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
I just re-did this a couple of months back on a 2008 MacBook4,1, also using Yosemite.
There's only one location for the installer, as far as I know. MacPostFactor wants it in the Applications folder. Nowhere else will work. Be sure that you have a good copy. Re-download it if you think you need to do that.
Copy the installer app to the Applications folder. Restart your Mac (might make this work when nothing else seems to help!), and try the MPF setup again.

derpysteve1231

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2015
Noitacol
I know this is frowned apon but I used a torrent to get yosemite however the yosemite installer I have checks out...I really have no one to leech off of for an installer so that's my reasoning...I'm trying an el captain installer I found

EDIT: So I've determined that the el captain installer works can I get this thread closed/moved because I'm having a new problem

Last edited:

Riwam

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2014
Basel, Switzerland
I know this is frowned apon but I used a torrent to get yosemite however the yosemite installer I have checks out...I really have no one to leech off of for an installer so that's my reasoning...I'm trying an el captain installer I found

EDIT: So I've determined that the el captain installer works can I get this thread closed/moved because I'm having a new problem
In the F.A.Q. you will find how to close a thread you started.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.