Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jkaros

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 27, 2024
Hello,
for many years my early 2008 MacPro worked very nicely under El Capitan. After being unable to synchronize my iOS devices I decided to test OCLP and made a direct jump from El Capitan to Monterey. That worked nicely but I wanted to fix the WIfi and bluetooth issue and changed the stock bluetooth module. Bluetooth worked from now, however a number of apps were jumping only and did not start anymore, so I wanted to make a clean new install from USB stick to the dedicated SSD. I got stuck in an endless loop booting to the recovery screen and then I made a core mistake (not reading properly the section on "Infinite Recovery OS Booting": https://github.com/dortania/Opencor...ROUBLESHOOTING.md#infinite-recovery-os-reboot), I did a NVRAM reset. Since then, my Apple LED Cinema 24" remains black. I can hear the chimes and some more typical "starting noises" and I assume that the bootpicker or the recovery screen may be displayed, however, I cannot see anything as there is just nothing on the display. Unfortunately, I do not have any other display that I could connect, only MacBooks around. I have made NVRAM resets earlier (before OCLP) and did not have any display issues, so I am guessing that OCLP has written something to NVRAM what is necessary to communicate to the LED Cinema screen, and this setting is overwritten now. I tried several more NVRAM resets but to no success. Any ideas what I could do?
OCLP 1.3 Monterey
MacPro 3.1, 2,8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon (Xeon(R)) CPU: 4-core, 10 GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 - VRAM: 512 MB, LED Cinema Display 1920 x 1200

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.