Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aldergood

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2023
Hi all,

I post this thread and hope someone in our forums has experienced before. By chance, I get a new MacPro with no SSD. I have used an original SSD blade and upgraded it to Monterey 12.7.1. The machine is working as expected except when shutdown or restart, it will hang and I have to force it shut down by pressing on the power button.

In an attempt of troubleshooting, I have reinstalled the fresh OS several times (out of the box application) with no luck. Few days ago, I think I should try with difference OS and see how it goes so I have installed BigSur, Catalina and even Mojave onto this MacPro and it turns out none of the OS gives me the hang on restart or shutdown.

I have to admit that I didn't perform the upgrade its firmware in steps as @tsialex mentioned in post #259 Latest Boot ROM and SMC version on Mac Pro Late 2013 (trashcan) | Page 11 | MacRumors Forums but do you think what could be the culprit to cause this strange behavior?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.