Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomfowler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
Just figured I would throw this out and see if anyone else is having this issue in Windows XP. I have a MacPro 2.66 with a 20" Aluminum Cinema display. There is one USB device listed in device manager with an exclamation point. If I unplug the monitor's USB cable to the computer, the entry goes away. So does the monitor brightness adjust and power button functions. So, it seems to me that this is the device driver for those "special" functions on the side of the monitor.

Problem is, sometimes the buttons don't work anymore and the monitor refuses to sleep when the computer does. If I uninstall and then scan for new hardware changes, the buttons work again.

Everyone works like a charm in OS X (of course).

Thanks,

Tom

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I take it that this is under bootcamp and not a VM?

In bootcamp you can make a windows driver CD. If you did make the CD you may need to reinstall it. I myself have never ran into any problems, but then again I have not used it Bootcamp and XP long enough to put the monitor to sleep.

tomfowler

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 20, 2004
This is bootcamp, not a VM.

Yes, I created the CD long ago as a part of the bootcamp installation. Everything else works fine. The machine works flawlessly in either application with the exception of this one issue. (audio, video, sleep, wake, performance).

synth3tik

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
For mine I have a seperate audio card hooked in via Firewire so I had to get the XP version of the driver. Garphicly everything is really nice on mine after I tweaked the screen resolution a bit, like I said earlier, I would do what I needed in XP then right away reboot to OSX, so I have never been able to see how the display reacts to sleep. I did notice a bit ago Apple release bootcamp beta 1.1.2, couldn't say how long ago they released it, but it might come with updated drivers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.