Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
Ok, i'll come out and admit at the beginning that i'm too lazy to do a search.

does anyone know if the latest version of Macromedia Studio is finally cocoa? i have the MX, which is carbon, i believe.

the reason i ask is whenever i want to use a japanese font in Dreamweaver, the font name is not readable. i believe this is due to the fact Dreamweaver is a carbon app...

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
That's an excellent question...and one I don't know the answer to. It would be great to have better foreign character support in DW.

I'll be able to find out when our order comes in. :)

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Carbon applications support multiple languages, including Japanese, Chinese, and Korean.

It's also unlikely that any cross-platform development, such as that from Macromedia or Adobe, is ever going to use Cocoa.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Depends on the app, bous'.

Office X has horrible foreign language support, and can't use many of the system fonts. Same with DW.

I've never seen a Cocoa app w/out full Unicode support.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
well, i can use my Office X in Japanese fine, meaning i can write documents in Japanese in them. (Of course, full unicode support would be even better.) however, the reason i'm having problems is due to api calls, i think... when i pull up DW, the font window (the pull down menu where you choose your font) gets messed up and I cannot tell which one is a japanese font, chinese, korean, etc. i think this is due to carbon, that's why i asked...

once i make the font choice correctly, i can write my web page in japanese in DW no problem. but it's a small annoyance i'm curious whether it's been taken care of or not...

but i have a bad feeling that adobe, macromedia, etc. won't ever move to cocoa, as bosouzoku mentioned...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.