Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Joined the 5 gallon club today..
PXL_20220910_163548003.jpg

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
I was pleased that my local donor center was overflowing with donors today.
Mine was kind of the opposite. I had a run of Saturday appointments that got canceled due to lack of space or volunteers. I took a chance this time and got in. They even took a walk-in (who they took before me, someone with an appointment), we got "stuck" around the same time, and even with a 5-10 minute sit at the snack area he was still donating when I left.

The girl offered to let me take as many of the shirts as I wanted, as long as I didn't take the entire rack. I felt guilty taking more than one though...

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Donated this morning. Was almost late to the appointment (not that it seemed to matter) as there was a major emergency response presence at an intersection I needed to pass through so I had to detour, which took me right past my sister's house. Just about 5 minutes to complete the actual donation.

PXL_20230225_165453846.jpg

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Donated whole blood yesterday.
PXL_20230422_165331699.jpg

Went to schedule my next donation, tried to book on my next eligibility date (June 17) based on what they told me yesterday and it wouldn't let me. Turns out I hit my max donations in a 12 month period - 6. I had to book for a month later to start that clock again.

I had to call to find out - the matrix on the site when it tells you you're not eligible on the date selected doesn't say that there's a max number of donations per year, though it says that for other donation types. The girl I talked to on the phone kept saying "but it says it in other places". Well, it doesn't say it THERE!

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
Donated whole blood yesterday.

Went to schedule my next donation, tried to book on my next eligibility date (June 17) based on what they told me yesterday and it wouldn't let me. Turns out I hit my max donations in a 12 month period - 6. I had to book for a month later to start that clock again.

I had to call to find out - the matrix on the site when it tells you you're not eligible on the date selected doesn't say that there's a max number of donations per year, though it says that for other donation types. The girl I talked to on the phone kept saying "but it says it in other places". Well, it doesn't say it THERE!
Six times in a year is still very respectable. Where I live the limit is 4 times per year for men and 3 for women, with a minimum of 12 weeks between each occasion. I’m going in for my second unit of 2023 tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.