Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
hey,

so, we're going to be running some macTV ads over the next few weeks, and i thought instead of just linking to our iTunes listing or our plain website, some mini-promos would be cool.

i've come up with a prototype here: http://www.watchmactv.com/specials/coldplay/

what do you guys think? we aren't going to do this for every video..just some hand picked ones that we think people will like.

mm, anyway, i just wanted some opinons on the creative side. i think it gets the job done nicely (the page) but it is a little tall..there's not too much i can do about that..is the subscribe button clear enough?

like i said, i'd appreciate any opinions you may have.. :)

thanks,
asif

ijimk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2004
Here
If you are asking if its apple's style, i would have to say no man. I would change the backgound color to white and find a place to add highlights of silver. Just some suggestions.

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
asif786 said:
thanks. i was asking about the page layout, not the video itself.

uh ok, it's a grey page with a blue box and an cold play video :rolleyes:

Sorry man I'm not very impressed, it's clean and simple yes, but the darkish coloured text on the blue box doesn't really have alot of contrast, sure you can read it but it certanly doesn't jump out at you. Plus I've never been a big fan of super minimalist design, add some gradiants!

The text colour needs to be adjusted a bit but here's the direction I'd take it.

Attachments

• smackdown.jpg
    smackdown.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 104

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
dornoforpyros said:
uh ok, it's a grey page with a blue box and an cold play video :rolleyes:

Sorry man I'm not very impressed, it's clean and simple yes, but the darkish coloured text on the blue box doesn't really have alot of contrast, sure you can read it but it certanly doesn't jump out at you. Plus I've never been a big fan of super minimalist design, add some gradiants!

The text colour needs to be adjusted a bit but here's the direction I'd take it.

hmm..well the colours i've used are taken from coldplay's own artwork. i'm glad it doesn't attract attention..that'd distract people from seeing the video.

anyway, i simply wanted an alternative page to direct specific ad runs to as opposed to a blog posting. and while you may not find a coldplay ad interesting - 22,000 other people did. :)

but thanks for the advice.

note: attached is how it looks (in case i pull the page, this thread would be useless)

Attachments

• mtv.gif
    mtv.gif
    33.2 KB · Views: 113

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
asif786 said:
anyway, i simply wanted an alternative page to direct specific ad runs to as opposed to a blog posting. and while you may not find a coldplay ad interesting - 22,000 other people did. :)

hehe yeah, personally I will never understand the appeal of coldplay. I think the best review I ever read about one of there shows was "Coldplay is a sugar overdose for the masses" :p

asif786

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 17, 2004
London, UK.
dornoforpyros said:
hehe yeah, personally I will never understand the appeal of coldplay. I think the best review I ever read about one of there shows was "Coldplay is a sugar overdose for the masses" :p

heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
asif786 said:
heh, i used to agree. listen to their latest album. it's much better than the others. ;)

I'd like to agree with you, I actually thought Clocks was a decent song. But then I noticed their new single "speed of sound"? sounds exactly the same, so I'm guessing the rest of the album does too.
Besides I'm hookt on the Dandy Warhols for the time being :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.