Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Fake "spy" images are circulating the web, as always, pre-Macworld. One of the more believable (but unrevealing) photos claims to be banner in Moscone South which has the same 2007 teaser image at Apple's website.

As we await for more elevator spy shots in anticipation of Macworld, here's a review of one item likely to be on the agenda at Macworld... the iTV.

Apple introduced the "iTV" at the "It's Showtime" media event in September. Apple's Showtime event Quicktime stream remains available for those to watch. Details of the announcement are summarized here.

- To be released in Q1 2007
- iTV is a codename, the real name will be something different
- Built-in power supply (no power brick)
- USB2, Ethernet and 802.11 wireless connectivity
- HDMI, Optical audio, Component video and RCA stereo audio outputs
- Works with the Apple Remote
- Front Row-like interface
- Works with iTunes PC and Mac

[iTV] wirelessly feeds whatever you downloaded on iTunes which include videos, TV, music videos, movies or your entire iTunes music library to your television set.

cheunghy

macrumors member
Apr 26, 2006
Hong Kong
So... can we conclude that the image on apple.com is really related to MWSF, it's more than just a 'Happy New Year' greeting...?

justflie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Red Sox Nation
lol, that photo mimicking the apple website 2007 teaser is from walgreens. I don't know why, but that struck me as amusing. Can't wait! :D

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
So... can we conclude that the image on apple.com is really related to MWSF, it's more than just a 'Happy New Year' greeting...?

it's almost certainly related to macworld.

If it was just a new year's greeting, it wouldn't be on Apple's site anymore

http://www.apple.com

arn

DickArmAndHarT

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2004
im pyched

im saving my 200$ in apple gift cards until the 9th. are we expected an iTv avaliablity from this keynote?

codo

macrumors 6502
May 17, 2006
England, United Kingdom
I'm sick of it being referred to as iTV. Macworld cant come soon enough, if for no other reason than giving this devise a name that isn't that of a Television Network.

tallyho

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2004
UK
I'm sick of it being referred to as iTV. Macworld cant come soon enough, if for no other reason than giving this devise a name that isn't that of a Television Network.

It always makes me laugh - if all those Americans actually watched all the rubbish on ITV they'd see the need for a decent name for the Apple product...

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Looking forward to some interesting and creative 'elevator shots' !

With respects to iTV type device, I would likely purchase. I've been holding off on getting an AirportExpress for iTunes, if this would do video as well.

ahuman7341

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Fairbanks, AK
OMG LOOK WHAT I FOUND!

347848531_8950533ffc_o.jpg

know-it-all5

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2006
USA
assuming that is a real, not doctored image, leads me to further think we are gonna see something huge at this world. (hopefully more than one)

EDIT: Its real

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
MacMedia Center.

Bonjour for PC..REAL Bonjour as in iChat etc.

iPod Phone

New white,black,silver displays w/camera.

New MacPro

iLife,iWork 07

Still holding out for that elusive 30th Anniversary Mac!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.