Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
I dont think it should matter much, especially if you're not a 1337 PWNZOR gamer. The human eye can only pick up a certain amount. Upwards of that is just for really minute smoothness.

Relax. play the game. enjoy.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
You can't tell the difference between 30 and 60fps? Resolutions are less important, past 720p you'll need a fairly big TV to notice 1080p. Smoothness counts for loads in any resolution.

I thought the PS3 was to give us a constant 120fps?

Either way. I've been getting into sports games in general. If Madden is "all that" I might have to pick it up too.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Excited for the Wii version. I despise American football games, but really like the Wii version. Can't wait for a really solid ice hockey game and Fifa in late Sept/Oct. Madden Wii made it fun again.

Paul

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
360 getting higher FPS or slightly better gfx in general (notice empahis on slightly) in multi-platform games seems to be the standard now. I don't think things are going to chang any time soon.

Dont over-estimate the power of the PS3 ;) :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Dont over-estimate the power of the PS3 ;) :D

Wow. That takes me back!

Surely the PS3 version has some benefits? No Live, 30fps, no rumble, (if you're in Europe) higher game cost. It can't just be needlessly gimped.

*didn't know there was a Wii version too, might have to look into that one*

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
Yeah, they said they were really having fun developing for Wii. They got some things right with 07 and they are adding more mini games and gestures for 08. From what I've read and playing 07 it should be pretty good.

Paul

wyatt23

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2006
Forest Hills, NY
Yeah, they said they were really having fun developing for Wii. They got some things right with 07 and they are adding more mini games and gestures for 08. From what I've read and playing 07 it should be pretty good.

Paul

i hope they're having fun with making defense playable. all the reviews ranted and raved about how dominant playing offense was and how awful playing defense was. that made me not purchase it. (after buying far cry for wii, i trust all of the wii reviews lolol)

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005

Paul

More mini-games for the Wii, who woulda thought? :rolleyes:

Ed

iKwick7

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2004
The Wood of Spots, NJ
Excited for the Wii version. I despise American football games, but really like the Wii version. Can't wait for a really solid ice hockey game and Fifa in late Sept/Oct. Madden Wii made it fun again.

Paul

I didn't like Madden for the Wii last year- I thought defense was massively boring. All I really liked was throwing passes- everything else didn't excite me at all.

Fifa looks really cool this year (for the Wii).

As for Madden, I will say that a lot of the new animations (for the 360 and PS3) look very, very cool this year. The game looks a lot more solid. That being said, I am really, really looking forward to All Pro Football this year- I am a HUGE 2k football fan. One thing that I am super looking forward to is the return of AMAZING presentation in football games- something EA seriously lacks at.

I mean really, not to hate here, but wtf is EA doing with that ESPN license??? 2k did amazing things with it in ESPN2k5.

pcypert

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2006
Bangkok
They're fun diversions as long as there's a regular game there. Sometimes you don't want to wait for your friends to learn plays, etc...a way to get to fun quickly is a plus. I don't like all mini game collections, but having a mini game or two in a full game is a nice perk.

The people that played those reviews are a bit off or not so good. I can sack quite a bit more than in other Maddens I remember playing at friends and block passes and what not. Maybe they played a weak team or aren't good at defense?

For 20 bucks who cares :)

Paul

asxtb

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2005
I didn't like Madden for the Wii last year- I thought defense was massively boring. All I really liked was throwing passes- everything else didn't excite me at all.
Isn't that all you really can do with the Wii?

How do you run, juke, punk, kick with the Wii? Do you attach controllers to you ankles or something? This is just me, but I'd rather play actual football if I have to do all the actions or just sit back with some beers and a regular controller.

And I can't wait for Madden for the PS3! August is gonna be a good month. Nascar 08 (actually in July but I won't get it until August), Tiger Woods 08, and Madden 08! :D

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
And I can't wait for Madden for the PS3! August is gonna be a good month. Nascar 08 (actually in July but I won't get it until August), Tiger Woods 08, and Madden 08! :D

Out of curiousity, why get it for the PS3 over the 360?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.