Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Anyone else ever have to wait so long? I check my request and it’s been in progress since early Jan. I requested my photos the same day and got them 2 days later (800gb worth). I have about the same amount in iCloud Drive (800gb) so just not sure what’s taking nearly a month/if anyone else had run into this?

M3Stang

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 26, 2015
Anyone else ever have to wait so long? I check my request and it’s been in progress since early Jan. I requested my photos the same day and got them 2 days later (800gb worth). I have about the same amount in iCloud Drive (800gb) so just not sure what’s taking nearly a month/if anyone else had run into this?
Yesterday and today, I ended up painstakingly downloading every folder I have in iCloud and each folder inside of each folder (about 10 years worth of folders (and you can't copy folder within folder typically with iCloud so I had to use cp -R through terminal to actually get things copied, not sure why the GUI wouldn't work....)) and copied them over to 2 different external drives for some redundancy. What a time suck but thankful for gigabit internet. I went ahead and re-enabled advanced data protection, so at this point, I assume I will never get my copies (as I initially made a request with ADP on and shortly after got 2KB files in return), but I got everything I needed manually. Can't believe it's been nearly a month and it's "in progress".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.