Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
From this morning's Charlotte Observer (charlotte.com)... that's me on the right. Went to the Charlotte Apple Store, got there at 5:45 AM and was 5th in line. (#1 camped out in the parking lot all night. I'm getting too old for that sort of thing.) They interviewed me, as well, since I was clearly the most knowledgeable one there about the iPhone, but the interview's not online yet.

Got my 16 GB black 3G sitting at home waiting for me! (I didn't take it to work because I didn't want to be tempted to play with it all day.)

Attachments

• clayapplestore.jpg
    clayapplestore.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 430

ChazDaSpaz

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2008
Lol, that's awesome, also I've never seen such a huge, cheesy grin lol. Enjoy your iPhone, I'll get mine next week when I hope the hype will die down.

clayj

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
... and this morning the story appeared in which I was actually interviewed:

http://www.charlotte.com/business/story/709937.html

Clay Johanson of Charlotte, who was buying his third iPhone on Friday, said he was in and out of the store in minutes when he bought his first iPhone. Last year, customers activated their phones at home, a practice Apple moved away from this year to prevent people from using the phone with other wireless providers.

Johanson, a technical support consultant, said he was most excited about the new iPhone's faster Internet speed and global positioning system. “I'm a geek,” he said. “I've got to have my toys.”

Not the first time I've been in the paper, but first time with a picture. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.