Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rain111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
UK
This is rather an odd issue I faced recently after updating to 17.1.1, I am not even sure if anyone has this issue.

So after the update, I detached my MageSafe Wallet (Find my version - Leather) as I do from time to time, never had this problem where it won't connect back again as usual, a few days ago while shopping just stopped, no longer getting is attached animation or showing up in FindMyI, so I searched around to see what I could do to fix it, from removing/readd, reset network, restart the iPhone etc, even the Apple support are so confused to why this has happened, we checked if it was peered to another device (was not) so I am at complete lost, and couldn’t solve the issue.

They offered me a replacement, but I declined as I don’t want the new non-leather they currently have.

Any suggestions or any ideas the community may have to try out, let me know and whether anyone else has faced this same issue after the 17.1.1 update or older version, please share it.

Extremely odd this issue.

Issue solved, see method below for future reference.

Last edited:

rain111

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
UK
Managed to solve the issue.

1. Remove iPhone case.
2. Attach the wallet to the iPhone directly.
3. Remove the wallet (FindMyI).
4. Re-add the wallet.
5. Insert the iPhone case again.
6. Attach the wallet to the case.

You can try skipping parts 3 & 4 (might still work?) and jump to 5 & 6.

Voila.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.