Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
Yeah, so my 2021 Magic Keyboard stopped working all of a sudden and it says this device is not supported every time I take the 2021 12.9 iPad Pro off of the Magic Keyboard and re-attach it. Does anyone know what’s going on with this? Thank you!

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
Yeah, I did. One thing I noticed that made it start working again was unplugging the USB-C cable from the pass through charging port. It might be that the cable has went bad since I didn’t buy a top notch one. I should have bought one of the Apple branded USB-C cables. Do you think that might be the issue with it?

Abazigal

Contributor
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
Yeah, so my 2021 Magic Keyboard stopped working all of a sudden and it says this device is not supported every time I take the 2021 12.9 iPad Pro off of the Magic Keyboard and re-attach it. Does anyone know what’s going on with this? Thank you!

Been having this issue and seeing that message pop up from time to time. My iPad has also been having problems detecting the Smart Keyboard of late as well. No solution for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.