Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010
Is it possible to put a slim case around the iPad Pro to protect the edges/back but still attach it to the Magic Keyboard? I know Logitech has the Combo Touch but that needs twice the amount of desk space to use but it's nice that the Keyboard detaches and you can carry around and use the iPad like a regular tablet. I just worried the MK gives zero protection especially with kids around.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
There are many cases that allow this, for example found by google:

“ipad cases compatible with magic keyboard”

K1ri

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2021
So i have both the Logitech combo touch and the magic keyboard and found the magic keyboard much better for my use case with the lapability and the elevated screen.

Since I wanted to use the Magic keyboard but protect my case, the real options I narrowed down everything to were:

Last edited:

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
I have the MagEZ on my 2021 12.9" with the Magic Keyboard. I wouldn't say that the MK closes perfectly, but that's ok with me. I have the CoverBuddy but prefer the quality and fitment of the MagEZ miles above the CoverBuddy. And, as an added bonus for me, the MagEZ is magnetized on the back, so I'm able to stick the iPad onto a metal music stand, giving me added security.

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
So i have both the Logitech combo touch and the magic keyboard and found the magic keyboard much better for my use case with the lapability and the elevated screen.
Since I wanted to use the Magic keyboard but protect my case, the real options I narrowed down everything to were:
Pad and Quill Copertina
I got the Pad & Quill magnetic Oxford case, available for both 11 and 12.9 inch pro’s. Love it. Solves the adhesive issue and allows easy switch between MKB and just the case. It is also available in a format that allows the use of the MKB while in the Oxford case (also magnetically).

update:
Just got an email from them, 11 and 12.9 inch available as seconds, 1/2 off (almost)

Last edited:

K1ri

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2021
I got the Pad & Quill magnetic Oxford case, available for both 11 and 12.9 inch pro’s. Love it. Solves the adhesive issue and allows easy switch between MKB and just the case. It is also available in a format that allows the use of the MKB while in the Oxford case (also magnetically).

update:
Just got an email from them, 11 and 12.9 inch available as seconds, 1/2 off (almost)

Oh that’s awesome thanks for the tip re: the Seconds deal! I saw the oxfords but I wanted to keep my ipad with my magic keyboard the entire time instead of swapping between 2 cases. However I’m tempted to try them out at that price point

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 5, 2010

update:
Eh that’s just another bulky case for the whole iPad. I want a slim style case for iPad protection that can still hang on the MK when mouse and keyboard are needed.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
Oh that’s awesome thanks for the tip re: the Seconds deal! I saw the oxfords but I wanted to keep my ipad with my magic keyboard the entire time instead of swapping between 2 cases. However I’m tempted to try them out at that price point
They also make a version of the Oxford magnetic case that also holds the MKB and the iPad Pro magnetically. Might also have some on second clearance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.