Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mike330R

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Looking for 1st hand reviews of a thin magic keyboard compatible case for an 11" iPad Pro.
I mainly use the iPad in the magic keyboard but would like to occasionally remove it and use it without the keyboard and still have some protection.
I see the Pitaka MagEZ Case Pro as an option. For anyone that has this, how do you like it? DOes it fit well in the MKB?
Any cons?

What else is out there?

Thanks!

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
I just went through this. In short, the Magez or Coverbuddy are the top 2. Most prefer the Magez if you can afford it.

I have only tried the Magez 2, and it is very light, fits the ipad well, and offers protection for the camera and 3 of the 4 sides. The corners near the open side are fragile, so you have to be pretty careful taking the case on and off. For me this isn't a big deal, since I plan to leave the Magez on 95% of the time.

If you search this iPad Accessories forum, for "Magez", you will find lots more info on your question.

Last edited:

Mike330R

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
Don't really need the cover buddy pencil port. Like the MagEZ except the price.

Thanks for the info.

Mike330R

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 8, 2010
I went with the MagEZ with charging. Super easy to remove the iPad from the Magic Keyboard and set it on the charger.

Reactions: dmccombs
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.