Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pearlbutton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2022
Does anyone know if the magic keyboard for the ipad pro will be updated this year. I am tempted to buy now but there has not been an update for quite a while. Also, a magic keyboard for one of the other ipads has the function keys which made me think that they may update this year.

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
Umm.. there hasn’t been rumors to indicate there will be a new Magic Keyboard this year.

The Magic Keyboard Folio that has the function keys you are referring to is designed specifically for the iPad 10th generation. I’d wager we won‘t see a new Magic Keyboard this year, however… rumors have it Apple will release new iPad Pros next year which would favor an updated Magic Keyboard.

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
Does anyone know if the magic keyboard for the ipad pro will be updated this year. I am tempted to buy now but there has not been an update for quite a while. Also, a magic keyboard for one of the other ipads has the function keys which made me think that they may update this year.
I’m still using the original Magic Keyboard purchased in 2020 with my M2 12.9 iPad Pro. It works perfectly so I see no incentive for Apple to bring out another one unless it was specifically for a certain model, perhaps for the oft rumored 14” iPad Pro, if that ever gets produced.

Reactions: Miles0812
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.