Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gfiore

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
I have had my Magic Keyboard since launch as well as the Smart Keyboard folio. To my knowledge these marks were not on the keyboard out of the box, and subsequently I can not get them to come out. Has anyone else experience similar marks/damage to their keyboards? *Worth noting* my Smart Keyboard folio does not have any permanent marks on it, honestly it looks flawless, so I do care for my products very well. Thank you all!
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6343.JPG

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
I had those marks on the same spots several times, but able to remove it with simple wipes using soft cloth.
Do you use screen protector by any chance?

gfiore

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2020
I had those marks on the same spots several times, but able to remove it with simple wipes using soft cloth.
Do you use screen protector by any chance?
Yes I do! Wow, could the screen protector really be causing this?

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Well, that’s my guess. If you use a hard and thick glass screen protector, closing the lid onto the keyboard will push the glass into the keyboard with added friction.

Deliro

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2011
Thanks for the post, I’ve been curious to see how the durability for people with the MK has been. I too have it, and so far it’s ok but I have strong concerns about it’s long term durability. It just feels cheap for such a high priced item.

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
Thanks for the post, I’ve been curious to see how the durability for people with the MK has been. I too have it, and so far it’s ok but I have strong concerns about it’s long term durability. It just feels cheap for such a high priced item.

Yeah I’m considering a skin now for the MKB. It’s too expensive to be care free for it.

hr10

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2009
i currently have apple care on my iPad Pro, if i upgrade to another iPad Pro down the road and it’s compatbile w/ the new iPad, will i still get accidental coverage?

ejin222

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
i currently have apple care on my iPad Pro, if i upgrade to another iPad Pro down the road and it’s compatbile w/ the new iPad, will i still get accidental coverage?
You will get AppleCare on the MK only when you have AppleCare on the iPad you're using. If you don't have AppleCare on the new iPad, then you will lose coverage on the MK unless you get AppleCare on the new iPad also

Reactions: hr10
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.