Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Orangeman13

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 3, 2015
I’m thinking about getting a magic keyboard but I have a quick question. When using the magic keyboard is a case and it’s closed with the iPad inside of it does that take any battery life from the iPad? Thanks!

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
I’m thinking about getting a magic keyboard but I have a quick question. When using the magic keyboard is a case and it’s closed with the iPad inside of it does that take any battery life from the iPad? Thanks!
In only one instance have I read about a battery issue and that was from a reviewer who leaves his Apple Pencil on the charging side of the iPP. He said that he would see a noticeable battery drain. But from the keyboard itself the only time there was a battery issue was when, because of a software bug, the backlighting of the keys did not turn off when the iPP was in sleep and the case was closed. Since bugs can recur just give a quick glance at the keys when you close it up to make sure the light is off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.