Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BCNIPP

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2021
I’m looking at getting the magic keyboard 2 and Magic Mouse 2.
How is the Magic Mouse 2 with the iPad Pro currently? The reason I’m more interested in the mouse is to also pair it with a MacBook Air for photoshop work.
Does anyone have experience with this setup?
has Magic Mouse support improved over time?
Thanks

ivantheipodder

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2018
Australia
I have the exact setup. MKB 2021 and Magic Mouse 2 with the iPad Pro 12.9" on iPadOS 14.5.1. Everything works fine, butter smooth, inertia/momentum scrolling works, rubber band effect at end of page scrolling works, really just like your finger scrolling. I was thinking of picking up the Logitech MX Anywhere 3 so I looked up a bunch of videos and the scrolling just isn't as good to me.

The only thing I would improve is to have separate cursor speed settings for the MKB trackpad and the MM2 (or I haven't looked hard enough). The way I move my mouse, I'd like to have the cursor move quicker. But if I change the cursor speed setting, it also applies to the MKB trackpad.

victry1

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2008
NJ
I’m looking at getting the magic keyboard 2 and Magic Mouse 2.
How is the Magic Mouse 2 with the iPad Pro currently? The reason I’m more interested in the mouse is to also pair it with a MacBook Air for photoshop work.
Does anyone have experience with this setup?
has Magic Mouse support improved over time?
Thanks
I’ve been using a Magic Mouse with my 2018 iPad Pro and it’s great for scrolling, etc. I would tend not to recommend it for PS use tho. I think the pencil would be a better
Choice for working in Ps.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I recently bough the Magic Mouse 2 to go with my new iPad Pro. While it works okay, I think it’s just okay and my least favorite Apple product. Can anyone else recommend a different mouse that works well with the new iPad Pro? I prefer Bluetooth, silent clicking/scrolling and white in color.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
The Magic Trackpad 2 is the way to go for the iPad for sure - the gestures just feel so much better! But as far as mice go the Apple one is your best bet because you at least get some gestures on that surface

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
The Magic Trackpad 2 is the way to go for the iPad for sure - the gestures just feel so much better! But as far as mice go the Apple one is your best bet because you at least get some gestures on that surface
Agreed. Don’t make the mistake I did… the Magic Trackpad 2 is better paired with the iPad compared to the Magic Mouse 2.

I went about a year with the Magic Mouse 2, I decided it was time to go with the Trackpad instead… it’s just a better overall experience.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.