Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
I love the Magic Mouse & Keyboard (especially the Touch ID version). Quality, intuitive products that have served me for a while. As I went to buy a new set, though, it had me thinking ? …

Any idea if new versions are on the way? Or are we likely looking at these for a couple more years (not a complaint btw)?

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
They’ve been updated less than a year ago, with Touch ID added to the Magic Keyboard and a more rounded design. I don’t think they will be updated any time soon, except maybe for other colors (especially space gray)

81Tiger04

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 11, 2009
SC
The Touch ID was a great addition. What did they add to the Magic Mouse? My version is several years old.

fwmireault

Contributor
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
The Touch ID was a great addition. What did they add to the Magic Mouse? My version is several years old.
They only add a few more colors, I'm not aware of any design or internal changes. The one you can buy in Apple Store is only the white one, but it is branded as new because they include a braided lightning charging cable. The mouse itself is the same, that said.

Reactions: 81Tiger04
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.