Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
Hi guys,
Currently I have MBP and Magic Mouse and I will be using it with MBP.

I'm going to buy iMac and I'm deciding between Magic Trackpad and Magic Mouse.
I love the integrated Trackpad into Macbook, but when I'm going to Apple Store and try it (Magic Track Pad), it just doesn't cut it. I feels not comfortable.

What you would recommend?

Thanks

Last edited:

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I know what you mean, If you have a magic mouse already do you really want another, I would take the trackpad and if you don't like it return it for the another mouse.

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
It's too personal, you must decide for yourself. I really like the trackpad. But have a mouse as well, even though I use more keyboard shortcuts than anything else.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I know what you mean, If you have a magic mouse already do you really want another, I would take the trackpad and if you don't like it return it for the another mouse.

Yes I know, but if I'm getting it at the same box as iMac, I can't really go into Apple Store and say 'I don't like it, give me Magic Mouse'. Or can I?

It's too personal, you must decide for yourself. I really like the trackpad. But have a mouse as well, even though I use more keyboard shortcuts than anything else.

I know it sounds a bit weird, it's only £59/$69, but I would have other things besides that for iMac - Apple Care etc. I'm a student, so you know... There's other things to put it into.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
I think you might be able to swap out the mouse/trackpad as long as it was on good condition. Might be worth checking though.

M0esmac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2012
UK
I think you might be able to swap out the mouse/trackpad as long as it was on good condition. Might be worth checking though.

Just asked in online help can I do that, and they told as long as it's less than 14days from purchase.

I think I'm going Trackpad, just because in case I have Magic Mouse anyways incase!

Thanks for the help everyone.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
Just asked in online help can I do that, and they told as long as it's less than 14days from purchase.

I think I'm going Trackpad, just because in case I have Magic Mouse anyways incase!

Thanks for the help everyone.

Not a problem, come back if you have any more questions!

Charlie

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.