Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 26, 2010
Which one do you prefer and why? Which one is most used by users with the iPad instead of the Magic Keyboard case?

I already have a Magic Mouse 2 and Keyboard 2 which came with my iMac but wondering if I should buy the Trackpad also for the gestures. Found a good deal but I’m kind of happy with the mouse, although I miss not being able to use some gestures with the iPad like zooming.

Sheepish-Lord

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2021
For all Apple devices the trackpad is king, it’s sold separately/cost extra for a reason after all ha. MacBooks have the best trackpads on the market, iPad MK is a trackpad, and as you said there’s so many gestures it’s as if Mac and iPad OS were made for it vs a mouse.

Additionally, I prefer the super quiet sound of the trackpad. No sliding around a desk, picking it up over and over just to get to different parts of the desktop, and no clicking noises.

MajorFubar

macrumors 68020
Oct 27, 2021
Lancashire UK
Trackpad for me any day. But it's going to come down to which user interface device you prefer. We can't answer that for you.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 68030
Apr 8, 2014
Magic Mouse 2 is the very worst mouse I've ever used anywhere on anything ever. Absolutely awful pointer acceleration behaviour that apparently requires terminal commands in order to make it work like a mouse. Feels like chasing the pointer around the screen. Easily the most frustrating and least accurate pointing device ever made in the history of the world. Obviously subjective but that is my experience in macOS at least.

Magic Trackpad 2, on the other hand, is super precise, super intuitive, and the haptic feedback is clean and accurate from corner to corner.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.