Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

s4yunkim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
I like having my monitor and MBP on arms mounted to my desk, and wanted to find something like an arm that would clamp to my desk, and have the magnetic part of the iPad Pro Folio on it? So it looks like a floating board that's magnetic. That way, I could pop my iPad Pro out of it's magic keyboard case, and just stick it to the board floating next to my monitor, and vice versa when I'm done using it in that orientation.

So far all I've found are full stand solutions where they include an angled piece to sit on the desk... I just want it to mount to a VESA arm....

Has anyone come across this sort of product? I know there are clamp based ones that are similar, but I was kinda hoping I could use the magnetic feature.

Reactions: Retrostarscream

Davidalan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2012
The hover bar is a stand and also comes desk clamp. It’s not a magnetic attachment but is an easy on / off clamp for the iPad as well as the desk clamp

s4yunkim

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2009
The hover bar is a stand and also comes desk clamp. It’s not a magnetic attachment but is an easy on / off clamp for the iPad as well as the desk clamp

It looks like pretty much all of the solutions I can find involve some sort of clamp, really hoping for a quick pop on/off magnetic solution though :/

Reactions: Retrostarscream

MiloCody

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2021
I dunno maybe get a MagFlott and remove the hinge part and some how put it on the monitor arm? shrugs

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.