Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPad Bro

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 2, 2021
So, I am beyond tired of screwed up applications of tempered glass screen protectors, and I saw that both Stary and ESR have Matte Magnetic Screen Protectors that you can take on and off. I have never used one of these matte paper feel screen protectors and I mainly want one to solve my screen protector crisis and not for writing or drawing.

Would this be a good investment? Does the matte finish really reduce the quality of the iPad Pro’s screen when applied? Please help if you can! 👍

philliez98

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2010
Southeastern PA
I have bought a version similar to Stary and ESR (link below - although it looks like it is no longer being sold); but I find it okay for drawing but it does noticeably reduce the quality. If you were looking to get it for drawing, I would recommend it, but as a screen protector, I think you’d have better luck trying to apply a glass screen protector even if it took several attempts.

LibbyLA

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2017
I have matte glass screen protectors on all my iPads. I don’t enjoy installing them but I can usually get them on without dust specks and bubbles if I’m careful.

Reactions: philliez98
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.