Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Roichu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2020
Galicia, Spanish Republic
So, basically, I need a 2m cable (at least) in order to connect my charger to a socket. I want to buy an official Magsafe charger because my actual QI charger (from ikea, 3 or 4 years old now, it works pretty fine tbh) is giving me some problems, probably due to the magnet array on my 12 Pro Max.

I know that the Magsafe charger comes with a built-in 1m cable so... its literally half way there.
My main doubt here is, should I wait until they release a 2m version or should I try to find a USB-C male to female extension cable? (If you know any, please feel free to share a link to it, I have tried looking for a good one, but I have not found any).
The 3rd option would be the Magsafe Duo, that way I would be able to use a longer cable and also charge my watch, but I would need a new charger brick and a new cable too :confused:

Also, I think I will use my actual 18W charger, will it over-heat my phone?

Thank you very much for you time ;)

makeitrainnaren

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2020
Do you know any good usb c extension cable? I was not able to find any one from a reliable manufacturer :(
somewhat overpriced IMO but not terrible. $14 for 2 meter. and I probably should have checked out mono price but this cable is actually really high quality. super braided and no loss in power. Haven't tested with my MacBook but it passes thru 30+ watts no problem with my iPad.

Roichu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 18, 2020
Galicia, Spanish Republic
somewhat overpriced IMO but not terrible. $14 for 2 meter. and I probably should have checked out mono price but this cable is actually really high quality. super braided and no loss in power. Haven't tested with my MacBook but it passes thru 30+ watts no problem with my iPad.

Great! Thanks! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.