Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macher

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 13, 2012
Hi with my job I have a lot of downtime, so I’m always on my iPhone(15 pro now). I’m always streaming and other apps. I currently have an Anker wireless battery pack, usbc to usbc. I start my job at 5:00am and if there’s nothing going on, I could be at 40-50% by 9:00am. That’s when I start charging my iPhone, if there’s nothing going on I’ll keep it plugged into battery pack until I leave or keep it plugged in majority of the time. This way when I get home I have almost at full charge. By charging this way my previous iPhone 12 battery degraded to 80% in like 2.5 years and replaced the battery.

I like the idea of the MagSafe wireless battery pack because it seems like a 5000 mAh it will fit into a work pants cell phone pocket. A 10k one might be too thick. I would buy at least 2 maybe 3 of the 5k ones.

Anyone have experience charging their iPhones this way? Would MagSafe be ok to charge and keep charged in my situation? Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.