Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

virnew

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2019
Hello,

I am reaching to this forum to see if someone could try the iPhone 14 Pro Leather Case with the MagSafe Duo.

I know last year there were some news of the 13 Pro not fitting well, I just want to make sure I am making the right buying decision.

Cheers!

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Shocked they haven’t updated the Duo yet. It’s worse than ever for 14 Pro.

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Hello,

I am reaching to this forum to see if someone could try the iPhone 14 Pro Leather Case with the MagSafe Duo.

I know last year there were some news of the 13 Pro not fitting well, I just want to make sure I am making the right buying decision.

Cheers!
It is has always worked fine for me with my 13 Pro and not sure why it would not on the 14 Pro either. Charge my 13 Pro and watch at the same time and no fit issues.

Nesjin

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2022
Sadly the USA
I just got my iPhone 14 pro with a leather case and it is partially on it, the magnet is holding it on the MagSafe duo charger but not as snug as my old iPhone 12 Pro was. The camera Bump is ridiculously bigger and causes it to not be flush with this case. It does charge just doesn't sit flush.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
I just got my iPhone 14 pro with a leather case and it is partially on it, the magnet is holding it on the MagSafe duo charger but not as snug as my old iPhone 12 Pro was. The camera Bump is ridiculously bigger and causes it to not be flush with this case. It does charge just doesn't sit flush.
At least it still works with the MagSafe Duo!

My 14 Pro with the leather case doesn't attach to my folding Otterbox MagSafe stand at all since the lip is so thick ☠️.

folding-stand-magsafe-d-fold-.jpg

GDF

macrumors 65816
Jun 7, 2010
Fit still the same with my iPhone 14 Pro coming from the 13 Pro. I don’t notice any differences, which is great!

Protozo

macrumors regular
Dec 25, 2017
The IPhone 14 pro with the leather case don’t fit on the magsafe duo. So I have to buy a new 20w charger and a new magsafe charger. And use the magsafe duo only for the Watch 😤

alexxn

macrumors regular
May 14, 2009
S. Fla
iPhone 14 Pro Max with Apple Leather case here, phone no longer sits flush on the Anker wireless charger because of the camera bump - time to figure something else out.

onlinespending

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2014
I just updated to the latest iOS 16.1 beta 2 and now my 14 Pro doesn't charge on the MagSafe Duo. It did prior to this update despite the poor seating, but now I can't even get it to charge! Weird.

Anyone else that's updated experiencing the same thing?

Apleeseed84

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2020
It’ll charge incredibly slow when it’s not sitting flushed on the surface, but i just noticed this, because that camera bulge and case is HUGEEE!!!

Josh_37

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2022
It’ll charge incredibly slow when it’s not sitting flushed on the surface, but i just noticed this, because that camera bulge and case is HUGEEE!!!
My 14 Pro doesn’t sit flush and charges the same as my 13 mini did but the camera bump is yuge. I’m using the Apple leather case.

bluespark

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2009
Chicago
Hello,

Cheers!
Just bought the iPhone 14 Pro and a MagSafe Duo to go with it. The MagSafe Duo is going back -- the phone isn't flat and barely connects for a charge -- meaning considerable lost power. This is a drag since I had wanted the Duo as much as the phone.

Reactions: cannono

haXis

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Czech Republic
Today I woke up with a dead phone and only thing that worked was the hard reset. First thing that happened after phone start was the sound when you put the phone on MagSafe charger.

It doesn’t play well together in combination with Dual MagSafe, iPhone 14 Pro and leather case

Last edited:

onlinespending

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2014
I cannot get my iPhone 14 Pro to charge on the MagSafe Duo. Even without a case. It's frustrating. Sometimes I does, but then consistently it won't charge at all. Even though it's strongly connected with the MagSafe Duo's magnets.

whyme42

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2022
Los Angeles
I also have issues with charging my iPhone 14 Pro during the day while it is being used. The battery percentage keeps dropping using QI charges or even USB wires. It's been frustrating me in my car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.