Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

agffth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
Does the iPhone lock when attached to a MagSafe charger? I recently asked AppleSupport if there was a feature that would leave the iPhone unlocked while attached to a MagSafe charger. They said this should be working already and ran me through some troubleshooting that didn't help. They eventually setup a call. Someone from Apple called me and they said they were not aware of this feature. After a couple times on hold they came back and said they couldn't find anything on the website that said this was a feature.

So was the first person wrong? Can you leave your iPhone unlocked as long as it's attached to a MagSafe or is that not a feature?

agffth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
The phone stays locked when connected to a MagSafe charger. The person you spoke with gave you bad intel.
Thanks! This is a feature I wish they would add. That's what I originally was trying to ask for but someone said it was already there.

agffth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 25, 2014
It is a security risk to leave it unlocked when charging, in my opinion.
Yeah it is. They could simply add a switch to turn the feature on or off. When the phone is mounted to my dash I want it to stay unlocked. Otherwise, yeah it should lock.

Wolfpup

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2006
You can of course change how long it takes to lock to never, though obviously you have to go in to a menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.