Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleFan22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
Hey, so this may be a bit of a weird one, but help is appreciated.

I just got my iPhone 12 mini, and I want to mount it to the dashboard of my car so it’s kept safe whilst driving. However, I don’t want to buy a proper MagSafe cable as I can’t use it in my car (CarPlay requires a wired connection in this model, so wireless charging is pointless).

i literally just want the mounting feature of MagSafe, without the power. Is there anything like this available? Thanks!

EDIT: the cheaper the better, I will likely mutilate any device I do get to make it sit flat on the dash of my car!

Last edited:

Tdosthp

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2015
ESR sells a charger on Amazon that has a separate cable, that you could connect or disconnect.

Synomenon

macrumors 6502a
Apr 5, 2011
The Belkin model available at Belkin.com and Apple stores might be what you're looking for.

AppleFan22

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 3, 2014
The Belkin model available at Belkin.com and Apple stores might be what you're looking for.
Ah, I should have said, I’m looking for something very cheap. I would probably need to cut off the vent mount from a device like that too, as I don’t want to use up another vent. Thank you anyway!

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Hey, so this may be a bit of a weird one, but help is appreciated.

I just got my iPhone 12 mini, and I want to mount it to the dashboard of my car so it’s kept safe whilst driving. However, I don’t want to buy a proper MagSafe cable as I can’t use it in my car (CarPlay requires a wired connection in this model, so wireless charging is pointless).

i literally just want the mounting feature of MagSafe, without the power. Is there anything like this available? Thanks!

EDIT: the cheaper the better, I will likely mutilate any device I do get to make it sit flat on the dash of my car!
Theres a thread about this already 30 pages long. There is plenty in there to choose from.
https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...s.2262215/page-30?post=29453055#post-29453055

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.