Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Does anyone know what MagSafe stand Apple used during the iOS 17 and iPhone 15 presentation of Standby?

It looked like a Belkin but the base is square. Also it has a cable below so it seems to be one were you provide the MagSafe charger.

Thanks
IMG_1648.jpeg

purpleparrotuk

macrumors 65816
Jun 26, 2010
Looks like it could be the TwelveSouth Forte:
It is indeed but I just returned it. It’s not worth the £50 I paid. You have to screw in the arm to the base and it doesn’t fit very well. It’s like putting a square peg in a round hole. The cable looks pretty rubbish too because part of it is always visible from the front.

charlesdayton

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 24, 2011
Thank you both for the information!

Looks like I’ll have to find another similar one with better price and fit.

aevan

macrumors 601
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
Thank you both for the information!

Looks like I’ll have to find another similar one with better price and fit.

It is the one, I havr it and I rather like it. It is very stable, it’s heavy enough so you don’t lift it when taking the phone off and has a minimal Apple-like look. I haven’t found a single one that looks this minimal and the fact that it uses Apple’s own Mag Safe means it is reliable. Also, the fit is great on mine.

In fact, I’ll probably get another one.

sideman7

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2016
I have one I got a while ago and really like it, but attempted to buy another one months later for my better half and they were just junk. Ordered one, the pivoting part the phone attaches to had an unacceptable amount of play. Took it to an Apple Store to exchange it, and the one they gave me behaved exactly the same. For $40, there shouldn't be any slop in the pivot.

Reactions: purpleparrotuk
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.