Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which would you buy?

• MagSafe charger puck

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • MagSafe wallet

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Belkin car mount

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Apple Watch band

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Save it for later

• Other (comment)

• Total voters

mrouke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
So I received an Apple gift card about a month or 2 ago and bought a saddle brown leather case for my 12 Pro. I have about $30 left on my gift card and I’m curious what y’all think I should get:
- MagSafe charger (cool but the 20W wired charger I have is faster and doesn’t leave an imprint)
- MagSafe Wallet (slim but I use Apple Pay on my watch often)
- Belkin car mount (I have a cubby where my phone fits and the mount doesn’t charge)
- Apple Watch band (Nice but I haven’t felt the need to change it really)
- Save the $30 for later accessories

Would love any comments too!

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I bought the Apple silicone case with MagSafe. Hadn’t planned on buying any MagSafe accessories/chargers as I already have a couple of fast plug in chargers.

I thought that the MagSafe case would be strong enough to hold securely to my current magnetic car mount. However, that was not the case. So I figured if I was going to buy a new car mount, I might as well get one that charged with the MagSafe also. I did a YouTube search and found a nice review by ENFORCERMAN on the Zeera MagSafe auto mount/charger. This Zeera is just what I was looking for. It holds my phone very securely even over the back roads in NH which are full of pot holes and frost heaves. It also prompts the MagSafe green circle with the charged amount to show on the phone. I haven’t done any scientific measurements but it definitely is charging more rapidly than most of my home chargers. I highly recommend it. Took about 10 days to receive it.

Reactions: batristain

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
I bought the Apple silicone case with MagSafe. Hadn’t planned on buying any MagSafe accessories/chargers as I already have a couple of fast plug in chargers.

I thought that the MagSafe case would be strong enough to hold securely to my current magnetic car mount. However, that was not the case. So I figured if I was going to buy a new car mount, I might as well get one that charged with the MagSafe also. I did a YouTube search and found a nice review by ENFORCERMAN on the Zeera MagSafe auto mount/charger. This Zeera is just what I was looking for. It holds my phone very securely even over the back roads in NH which are full of pot holes and frost heaves. It also prompts the MagSafe green circle with the charged amount to show on the phone. I haven’t done any scientific measurements but it definitely is charging more rapidly than most of my home chargers. I highly recommend it. Took about 10 days to receive it.
I want that mount but seems the apple leather case won't work with it. stating it's too slick. I don't need it to charge, only for a mount as I need to plug in for apple car play to work.

mrouke

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 6, 2020
I want that mount but seems the apple leather case won't work with it. stating it's too slick. I don't need it to charge, only for a mount as I need to plug in for apple car play to work.
Ooh that’s really good to know, where did you see that it was possibly too slick?

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Ooh that’s really good to know, where did you see that it was possibly too slick?

It's on Zeera's own sales page.
If your phone is wearing a phone case, please use the original Clear/Silicon MagSafe case or a ZEERA MagSafe case with enhanced magnetism. (Leather MagSafe Case is too slippery to hold your iPhone 12 while driving)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
That’s too bad that it doesn’t work with the leather. I bet it cost them quite a bit of sales.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.